On the Today Show I showed America how I like to celebrate the 4th.
I love having friends and family over on the 4th. It’s always been a very special holiday for our kids. I always go overboard with tricking out the pool deck and patio (I just can’t help it).
I love to set a buffet table, dressed in red, white, and blue to the hilt! Here are a couple fun ideas. They are inexpensive but oh-so-effective!
- Make a runner with oversized ribbon in red, white, and blue (of course).
- Hang a vintage flag behind the table if you can to add some extra panache.
- This is the only time I like paper plates. Stack ‘em high on a big galvanized tray.
- Place your cupcakes on a tiered, galvanized cake stand. Make your own festive cupcakes: buy store bought white on white cupcakes, decorate them with blueberries and raspberries, and then add some cute, tiny, American flags available in variety stores.
- A hot dog bar (*see hot dog video) is a great idea!
- Fill a galvanized bucket with sand and then poke dozens of sparklers into the sand, for when the sun goes down.
- Put out games for your family to play while soaking in some sunshine.
Fourth of July Décor can be fun and easy. With a little prep and a lot of red, white and blue you can create a festive and fun environment in a snap.